Dual Enrollment is a program that allows high school students to take college classes before graduating from high school. Students take classes to receive high school credit and college credit. One semester of a Gwinnett Technical College course equals a full year of a high school course.Advantages
- Save time! Get a head start on your college education while finishing your high school diploma.
- Save money! Tuition, mandatory fees and textbooks are covered.*
- Save HOPE credits! Credits do not count towards HOPE allotment.
- Flexible schedule! Participate during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Variety of courses! General Education and Technical courses are offered on-campus and online (Course Catalog).
- Transfer your credits! General Education courses transfer to all University System of Georgia colleges (Transfer Agreement).
- Be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the semester in which the student participates in Dual Enrollment.
- Be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade of a private or public high school in Georgia, or a home study program in Georgia operated in accordance with state law
- Be accepted to Gwinnett Technical College.
- Be enrolled in courses listed in the approved Dual Enrollment Course Directory
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by Gwinnett Tech (Satisfactory Academic Progress).
- There is no GPA requirement for admissions to Gwinnett Tech.
Program Level: Degree
|ACCUPLACER||Reading Comprehension 64
Sentence Skills 70
Elementary Algebra 57
|SAT (Old) through 02/2016||Verbal 480
|SAT (New) beginning 03/2016||Reading 25
Program Level: Diploma/Certificate
|ACCUPLACER||Reading Comprehension 55
Sentence Skills 60
|SAT (Old) through 02/2016||Verbal 430
|SAT (New) beginning 03/2016||Reading 24
Find out more about the ACCUPLACER placement test.
Pay close attention to the following dates and deadlines on the calendar:
- Complete Admissions Application File for Early Registration and Late Registration
- Early Registration and Late Registration periods
- Classes Begin and Classes End dates
- Drop & Add date
- All Withdrawal deadlines