DOUBLE THE CREDIT.
HALF THE TIME.
ZERO THE TUITION.
For an overview of how to get started with Dual Enrollment, read the Dual Enrollment Information Sheet
Dual Enrollment is a program that allows high school students to take college classes before graduating from high school. Students take classes to receive high school credit and college credit. One semester of a Gwinnett Technical College course equals a full year of a high school course.
- Save time! Get a head start on your college education while finishing your high school diploma.
- Save money! Tuition, mandatory fees and textbooks are covered.*
- Save HOPE credits! Credits do not count towards HOPE allotment.
- Flexible schedule! Participate during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- Variety of courses! General Education and Technical courses are offered on-campus and online (Course Catalog).
- Transfer your credits! General Education courses transfer to all University System of Georgia colleges (Transfer Agreement).
- Be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the semester in which the student participates in Dual Enrollment.
- Be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade of a private or public high school in Georgia, or a home study program in Georgia operated in accordance with state law
- Be accepted to Gwinnett Technical College.
- Be enrolled in courses listed in the approved Dual Enrollment Course Directory
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by Gwinnett Tech (Satisfactory Academic Progress).
- There is no GPA requirement for admissions to Gwinnett Tech.
Program Level: Degree
|ACCUPLACER||Reading Comprehension 64
Sentence Skills 70
Elementary Algebra 57
|SAT (Old) through 02/2016||Verbal 480
|SAT (New) beginning 03/2016||Reading 25
Program Level: Diploma/Certificate
|ACCUPLACER||Reading Comprehension 55
Sentence Skills 60
|SAT (Old) through 02/2016||Verbal 430
|SAT (New) beginning 03/2016||Reading 24
Find out more about the ACCUPLACER placement test.
Only accepted students are eligible to register for classes during Early and Late Registration. Students must follow these steps to be eligible for registration:
- Apply to Gwinnett Tech
- Complete admissions application file by the deadline
- Be accepted to Gwinnett Tech
- Register for classes
Pay close attention to the following dates and deadlines on the calendar:
- Complete Admissions Application File for Early Registration and Late Registration
- Early Registration and Late Registration periods
- Classes Begin and Classes End dates
- Drop & Add date
- All Withdrawal deadlines