DOUBLE THE CREDIT.
HALF THE TIME.
ZERO THE TUITION.
Ready to apply for Dual Enrollment?
Imagine! Taking exciting college classes before you graduate from high school. Finishing college and getting started on your career years early. Saving money on tuition that can be used for other goals, from starting a business to traveling the world.
If this sounds good to you, look into Dual Enrollment, a new program for high school students who want to earn college credit while finishing their high school diplomas.
- Save time! You can earn an associate degree while finishing high school.
- Save money! Your tuition, mandatory fees and books are fully covered.
- Save HOPE credits! Courses taken under Dual Enrollment don't count against the maximum hourly caps for HOPE scholarships or grants.
- Flex your schedule! You can participate in Dual Enrollment in any semester – and you can choose convenient times for on-campus or online classes.
- Transfer your credits! Many of your credits are guaranteed to transfer to other colleges and universities in Georgia if you decide to continue your studies for a bachelor’s degree.
- In some cases, students may need to pay additional supply fees or purchase supplies or equipment.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the semester in which the student participates in Dual Enrollment.
- Be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade of a private or public high school in Georgia, or a home study program in Georgia operated in accordance with state law
- Be admitted to Gwinnett Technical College.
- Be enrolled in courses listed in the approved Dual Enrollment Course Directory
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by Gwinnett Tech. To find out more on SAP requirements at Gwinnett Technical College, click here.
- Dual Enrollment Info and FAQs
- Admissions Application Instructions
- Check Your Admissions Status Instructions
- ACCUPLACER Calendar
- Student Participation Agreement (SPA)
- Funding Application Instructions
|Program Level||ACCUPLACER||SAT (Old)||SAT (New)||ACT||COMPASS|
Find out more about the ACCUPLACER placement test.
Important application and registration deadlines are on the calendars below. Refer to the calendar that corresponds to the semester for which you are applying. Be sure to adhere to any additional deadlines at your high school. All required application components (admissions application, eligible official test scores, student participation agreement, and funding application) must be submitted by the admissions deadline. Dual Enrollment students must apply every semester they plan to attend. For more information, contact Dual Enrollment at DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu
See the guidance counselor at your high school, or contact Gwinnett Tech Dual Enrollment office at 678-226-6889 for Lawrenceville Campus and 470-282-5409 for Alpharetta-North Fulton Campus or DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu.