Spring 2017 Graduation!
Ready to graduate? Congratulations!
Here’s what you need to do to graduate and participate in the commencement ceremony. Please note, there is some information below that is unknown at this time. As soon as we get confirmation on this information, we will post it to this page. Thank you!
Apply for Graduation
Complete your graduation application at www.gtc-web.org, under Personal Information. If you have questions, please contact GraduationOffice@GwinnettTech.edu.
Register for Commencement
By DATE TBA, please email us at GraduationOffice@GwinnettTech.edu and register for Commencement by telling us you plan to march in the ceremony. In your email, include:
- Your first and last name
- Your student ID number
- Your program of study
Purchase Your Cap and Gown
Purchase the appropriate cap and gown at the campus bookstore. Graduation regalia will be available beginning DATE TBA, and you must pay for your cap and gown at the bookstore by noon on DATE TBA, to march in Commencement. The cost will be approximately $40. Caps and gowns will not be available at rehearsal or at the commencement ceremony; you must buy these yourself by the deadline. The bookstore is in Building 100, Room 909. Bookstore hours are Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. 678-226-6276.
- Honor Graduates (Cumulative GPA 3.69 or higher at the end of Fall Semester) – You must purchase your silver honors stole at the bookstore with your cap and gown.
- National Technical Honor Society – Your white tassel will be passed out at Commencement rehearsal practice on the morning of DATE TBA.
- Phi Theta Kappa – Your blue and gold honor cord must be ordered. For ordering information, please contact your club sponsor. No other regalia (gold stole or gold tassels) may be used.
Attend the Mandatory Practice
On DATE TBA, you'll attend a mandatory commencement practice. The rehearsal will familiarize you with your seating arrangement, marching order, and all details for the ceremony, including what to wear.
- To walk in Commencement, you must attend practice.
- Children are not allowed at practice, so please plan ahead.
- Casual dress is fine for practice.
- Park in front of the building and follow the signs for graduates.
Arrival and Parking
For Commencement, students should plan to arrive at the graduation site no later than DATE TBA. You need to arrive early to avoid traffic and to be on time for the lineup and preparation for the march. If you arrive after 6:30 p.m., you will be placed at the end of the line and will not be able to march with your program classmates. When you arrive, park in the lot directly in front of Arena and follow the signs. There will be a special entry for graduates at the left side of building.
What to Wear
Men - Wear black or dark navy blue slacks and a white shirt with a dark color tie. Absolutely no shorts will be allowed. If you arrive in shorts, you will not be allowed to march.
Women - Wear black or navy slacks or a black or navy dress or skirt. If wearing a blouse, it should be white. Try to avoid wearing a dress or skirt that is longer than the commencement gown.
Who Can Attend
We have plenty of seating for as many family members as you would like to invite to Commencement. Please do not bring small children to Commencement, as it's a very long ceremony.
Receiving Your Graduation Award
When you walk in front of the stage to receive your award, you'll receive a blue diploma cover. Your award(s) will be available for pickup at the Enrollment Support Center of Bldg. 100 as noted below, according to the term in which you complete all academic requirements.
- Fall 2014 diplomas will be available beginning DATE TBA
- Spring 2015 diplomas will be available beginning DATE TBA
- Summer 2015 diplomas will be available beginning DATE TBA
Verifying your Graduation Award
Once you have completed all academic requirements (grades posted and graduation audit completed), your degree/diploma/certificate award(s) will be posted in the College student records database system and will be reflected on your transcript, which you can see online at www.gtc-web.org.
How to Display Your Transcript
- Login at www.gtc-web.org (enter your user ID and PIN #)
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Submit
- Your transcript will now be displayed. GPA information is at the end of the transcript.
Graduation Images will photograph all graduates at the Gwinnett Tech Commencement ceremony. You may visit the company's website, and click on the Pre-Event Email Registration to register your email address. If you have provided an email in your notice to us of your intent to march in Commencement, we will have already sent your name and email address to the company so that they can follow up with you. You will also receive an email link and free passport-sized digital proofs of your photos within three to seven days following the ceremony. After graduation, you may order photos online at www.gradimages.com or call 800-261-2576.
Questions? Please email us at Commencement@GwinnettTech.edu. Thank you!
Once again, congratulations on your achievement and we wish you well!