Spring 2019 Commencement!
Time: 6 p.m.
Location: TBA, limited seating available.
Ready to graduate? Congratulations!
Here's what you need to do to graduate and participate in the Commencement ceremony.
Apply for Graduation
- Log on to Banner (www.GTC-WEB.org)
- Complete the Graduation Application and Exit Survey under the Personal Information
- Enter your name, as you want it to appear on your diploma
- Click to continue and complete the Exit Survey; enter the password “GwinnettTechGrad."
- When your Exit Survey is complete, click the “Submit” button to transmit your graduation
If you plan to continue taking courses after completing your current program of study, make sure you complete a new admissions application for your new program. You'll want to apply for graduation prior to your last semester of studies, or by March 1 if you plan to participate in the 2019 Commencement – whichever comes first.
Questions? Contact Graduation Services, at 678-226-6718 or GraduationOffice@GwinnettTech.edu
By Sunday, April 15, please email us at GraduationOffice@GwinnettTech.edu to register for Commencement by telling us you plan to march in the ceremony. In your email, include:
- Your first and last name
- Your student ID number
- Your program of study
Purchase the appropriate cap and gown at the Lawrenceville campus bookstore in building 100 and the Alpharetta-North Fulton campus on the first floor in room 132. The dates are still to be determined. Graduation regalia will be available beginning TBD. The cost will be $TBD plus tax. Caps and gowns will not be available at rehearsal or at the Commencement ceremony; you must buy these yourself by the deadline. The bookstore is in Building 100, Room 909. Lawrenceville campus Bookstore hours are Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. 678-226-6276.
Alpharetta-North Fulton campus graduation regalia store hours are Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Honor Graduates (Cumulative GPA 3.50 or higher at the end of Fall Semester) – You must purchase your silver honors stole at the bookstore with your cap and gown.
- National Technical Honor Society – Your white tassel will be passed out at Commencement rehearsal practice .
- Phi Theta Kappa – Your blue and gold honor cord will be available for purchase in the Bookstore for $25. No other regalia (gold stole or gold tassels) may be used.
There is a mandatory Commencement practice to familiarize you with your seating arrangement, marching order, and all details for the ceremony, including what to wear. Please arrive between 8-8:30 a.m. to allow for check-in time.
- To walk in Commencement, you must attend practice.
- Children are not allowed at practice, so please plan ahead.
- Casual dress is fine for practice.
- Park in front of the building and follow the signs for graduates.
For Commencement, students should plan to arrive at the graduation site no later than 4 p.m. You need to arrive early to avoid traffic and to be on time for the lineup and preparation for the march.
Men - Wear black or dark navy blue slacks and a white shirt with a dark color tie. Absolutely no shorts will be allowed. If you arrive in shorts, you will not be allowed to march.
Women - Wear black or navy slacks or a black or navy dress or skirt. If wearing a blouse, it should be white. Try to avoid wearing a dress or skirt that is longer than the commencement gown.
We have plenty of seating for as many family members as you would like to invite to Commencement. Please do not bring small children to Commencement, as it's a very long ceremony.
When you walk in front of the stage to receive your award, you'll receive a blue diploma cover. Your award(s) will be available for pickup at the OneStop Center of Bldg. 100 as noted below, according to the term in which you complete all academic requirements.
- Fall 2018 diplomas will be available beginning Friday, February 1, 2019
- Spring 2019 diplomas will be available beginning Monday, July 1, 2019
- Summer 2019 diplomas will be available beginning Monday, September 2, 2019
Once you have completed all academic requirements (grades posted and graduation audit completed), your degree/diploma/certificate award(s) will be posted in the College student records database system and will be reflected on your transcript, which you can see online at www.gtc-web.org.
How to Display Your Transcript
- Login at www.gtc-web.org (enter your user ID and PIN #)
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Submit
- Your transcript will now be displayed. GPA information is at the end of the transcript.
Graduation Images will photograph all graduates at the Gwinnett Tech Commencement ceremony. You may visit the company's website, and click on the Pre-Event Email Registration to register your email address. If you have provided an email in your notice to us of your intent to march in Commencement, we will have already sent your name and email address to the company so that they can follow up with you. You will also receive an email link and free passport-sized digital proofs of your photos within three to seven days following the ceremony. After graduation, you may order photos online at www.gradimages.com or call 800-261-2576.
Questions? Please email us at Commencement@GwinnettTech.edu. Thank you!
Once again, congratulations on your achievement and we wish you well!