Georgia Film Academy
Gwinnett Technical College is now a Georgia Film Academy partner, developing a skilled workforce for those wanting to be a part of the film industry. With the introduction of this 18-hour certificate program, students can develop a specific set of skills while training on industry-standard equipment and with industry professionals. This program is designed to prepare Georgians for on-set careers, and can be completed in only two or three semesters.
Not only did the $9.2 billion film and television industry in Georgia produce more than 351 film and television shows in 2019, these sets were the location of hundreds of jobs behind the scenes. As the third-largest production center in the nation, Georgia is home to a workforce with more than 200,000 people involved in this growing part of the economy.
Earning this certificate signals to those hiring for the film industry that you have received the educational and hands-on training needed and possess the basic level of on-set film production skills, knowledge, and experience with film-industry standard organizational structure, professional equipment, and on-set procedures.
The Georgia Film Academy is a unique-in-the-nation, state-wide effort which provides you with:
- Multi-disciplinary training by professionals in the film, TV and new media industries,
- In classroom course work coupled with on-set, hands-on training,
- Hands-on instruction and training, working with a package of professional equipment (cameras, sound gear, lights, etc.) as well as production trucks, generators, and sound studio space.
- Opportunity to work on “real world” projects to develop recognized film credits, through partnerships with professional productions,
- One-on-one job counseling to include resume preparation, job research, and job placement outreach.