This training covers the fundamentals of welding for manufacturing as required by the metal fabrication industry. The welding training provides extensive hands-on training in:
- MIG (metal inert gas)
- TIG (tungsten inert gas)
- STICK (family of welding processes)
Students are trained to produce quality gas metal arc (MIG) welds on structural carbon steel using proper techniques & procedures and to perform fillet welds in flat & horizontal positions.
Students will also receive training in:
- 10-hour OSHA general industry
- Applied math
- Electric arc welding safety
- Welding-related blueprint reading
This program will help you develop the essential welding skills you need for entry-level welding in a manufacturing setting.
- Take Ten+ is open to eligible GED seeking students AND English as a Second Language (ESL) students.
Our 16-week program will be August 17, 2020 - December 18, 2020.
Classroom trainings will be Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Hands-On Welding trainings will be Friday’s from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m., and Saturday’s from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
A detailed schedule breakdown will be discussed during the invite-only information session.
Schedules are subject to change.
- Gwinnett Technical College
5150 Sugarloaf Pkwy
- The cost of this class is $5,000.