Board of Trustees
Fulton County Schools
Peach State Federal Credit Union
Gwinnett Tech Foundation
Gwinnett Technical College
World Financial Group
Gwinnett County Public Schools
Lincoln Property Company
Holtkamp Heating & Air
King & Spalding
Eastside Medical Center
Logisticare Solutions, LLC
Implementation & Consulting Services
RTS Associates, LLC
McKesson Provider Technologies
CISCO Systems, Inc.
Board Officers and Committees 2017-2018
|Chairman, Board of Trustees||Angie Woo, Chair|
|Vice Chairman||Matthew Holtkamp|
Dr. Steve Flynt
|Community Relations Committee||
Matthew Holtkamp, Chair
|Development Committee||Mark Sweeney, Chair
Elizabeth Van Tassell
|Finance Committee||Mac Peden, Chair
|New Board Members||Jonna Kirkwood
Although the Board works through its committees and Foundation staff, ultimate responsibility and accountability reside within the Board of Trustees.
Every member of the Board of Trustees has the following responsibilities:
- To be strongly committed to the mission and goals of the Foundation.
- To be knowledgeable about the Foundation's operation and services.
- To use knowledge, understanding, and personal networks to spread the word about the Foundation.
- To ensure that all legal, regulatory, and ethical requirements are fulfilled.
- To budget time and to plan ahead in order to attend the quarterly Board meetings and committee meetings to which one is appointed.
- To accept and discharge specific responsibilities, either on committees or within the general work of the Board.
- To give an annual personal gift to the extent of his/her ability.
- To recommend others who can serve on the Board and/or committees.
- To help identify and cultivate prospective donors.
- To attend fund raising events.
- To be constantly alert for opportunities to further the mission and goals of the organization.
Board Emeritus Policy
This policy allows the Gwinnett Tech Foundation to designate eligible retiring foundation board directors to a Director Emeritus status upon the retirement from service on the board. The term of board emeritus may extend into perpetuity. A proposal for Director Emeritus shall be made by the Nominating Committee with the majority vote of the Board required for approval. The nomination of a member for Director Emeritus status will usually occur at the end of his or her term, but may occur at any time after service of two full terms. The Nominating Committee should consider the following guidelines when nominating directors for Director Emeritus status:
- Actively served on the Foundation board as a director for two full terms.
- Makes a significant contribution to the college through exemplary and extraordinary service to the Board and thus to the college by personal service and/or financial contributions.
Those who accept the emeritus status will be:
- Expected to offer continued support and participate in foundation initiatives commensurate with abilities.
- Invited to the Foundation board meetings (but shall not be recognized as voting members).
- Asked to serve on foundation committees and to participate in fundraising and/or friend-raising initiatives.
Directors Emeritus will have certain privileges to include:
- Invitations to all Foundation retreats and appropriate orientations
- Invitations to all appropriate College and Foundation functions
- Mailing of all appropriate college information and materials
- Other benefits as may from time to time become available