Gwinnett Technical College offers a range of financial aid options that can help you pay for college. Applying is the first step! However, aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is important to apply for financial aid early.
To be considered for any federal or state aid programs, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When you have completed the FAFSA, send it directly to the federal government. They will, in turn, issue a Student Aid Report (SAR). Your file is complete when the financial aid office issues a letter notifying you that you have been awarded financial aid.
Spring Semester 2016: November 5, 2015
Spring Term C: February 4, 2016
Summer Semester 2016: April 1, 2016
To see if you are eligible for a disbursement follow these steps:
- Go to www.gtc-web.org
- Select "Enter Student/Faculty Secure Area"
- Log in using your user ID and Pin
- Go to "Student Services and Financial Aid"
- Click on "Student Records"
- Click on "Account Summary by Term"
- Click on the " Spring Semester 2016" link typed in blue
- Your itemized account balance for the term will be listed at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see your authorized financial aid. Students with more authorized aid than charges at time of disbursement should receive a refund.
All students must read and accept the Terms and Conditions before Financial Aid can be applied.
You must be accepted into a eligible program of study to receive financial aid.
If you are awarded aid by the priority date, you will be able to charge your tuition.
If you are not awarded aid by the deadline, you will be required to pay your tuition, and you will be reimbursed when you are eligible.
Financial aid cannot be used prior to the academic term of acceptance, and students taking classes prior to acceptance are not eligible for financial aid.
You will have to apply or renew your application for financial aid every academic year in order to continue receiving aid. The application becomes available on January 1st every year.
There are guidelines for maintaining your aid. Be sure to read these requirements so that your financial aid is not interrupted.
Apply for your financial aid now! Complete your application online.