Mentoring a Girl in Construction Returns to Gwinnett Tech this Summer
Gwinnett Technical College has partnered once again with Mentoring a Girl in Construction (MAGIC) provides a supportive and nurturing environment for high school girls to explore and develop basic skills in the area of carpentry, electrical, welding and other various trade skills. MAGIC develops greater self-confidence and better self-esteem for girls who tackle challenging projects and successfully complete them.
Monday, July 23 – Friday, July 27
Gwinnett Technical College – Lawrenceville Campus
5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Building 100
Lawrenceville GA 30043
FREE one week, day camp designed to introduce high school girls to exciting careers in construction. MAGIC offers these young ladies the opportunity to learn about countless avenues of employment available to women in the construction industry and to engage these young women via hands on training in basic construction skills.
- Learn basic skills in carpentry, electrical and various trade skills.
- Practice new skills without being teased or isolated.
- Develop greater confidence and better self-esteem after tackling challenging projects and successfully completing them.
- Learn a "Safety First" attitude.
- Meet women role models who have achieved success in all areas of the construction industry.
Parents are invited to join us for awards banquet on Friday, July 27th.
Young ladies ages 15-18. Camp includes a t-shirt, hard hat, snacks and lunch, and transportation for field trip Friday. Space is limited. For full details, including registration details, please visit MentoringAGirlInConstruction.org.