Health Information Management Technology
Gwinnett Tech's Health Information Management Technology (HIMT) program provides a strong foundation of skills used to keep vital records and manage technical systems for the healthcare system. According to Select Georgia, Georgia is becoming a hub for healthcare information technology companies. As data collection, analysis and dissemination becomes increasingly vital to the healthcare and bioscience ecosystem, demand for robust, versatile information systems will grow exponentially.
HIMT professionals work across a vast array of roles from analysts to project management to healthcare system management and governance roles. In an HIMT educational program, you will acquire marketable skills and knowledge to:
- Ensure the accuracy, usefulness, integrity and protection of patient health information throughout a healthcare enterprise
- Apply leadership skills toward the implementation of electronic health information systems
- Assess and strategically plan for healthcare data and information needs to both manage and improve the quality of clinical and business operations
- Manage many new and exciting operational and technology-related projects related to health information management
- HIMT professionals work in a variety of healthcare settings
Graduates of the program have started their careers in hospitals, long-term care facilities, physician and provider offices and outpatient clinics and health information software companies.
The Health Information Management Technology program (Associate of Applied Science is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management) (CAHIIM).
Information to know about Health Information Technology
Take the first step toward a career in Health Information Management Technology and apply for next semester! Important dates and deadlines are listed to get you started and if you're looking for ways to pay for your education, explore our scholarships for this program. You can also learn about our faculty and clubs and organizations to join!
Gwinnett Tech builds relationships with local subject-matter experts to develop advisory boards who provide feedback that ensures we deliver relevant industry-specific curriculum for today’s high-demand careers. See who serves on our Health Information Technology advisory board.
For more information on our degree program, please view the course catalog for Health Information Management Technology.
Interested in learning more about Health Information Technology? Attend one of our monthly information sessions to meet our faculty and learn more.