Move On When Ready
Jumpstart Your College Education – And Your Future!
Ready to apply for our Move On When Ready Program? Start here!
Imagine! Taking exciting college classes before you graduate from high school. Finishing college and getting started on your career years early. Saving money on tuition that can be used for other goals, from starting a business to traveling the world.
If this sounds good to you, look into Move On When Ready (MOWR), a new program for high school students who want to earn college credit while finishing their high school diplomas.
- Save time! You can earn an associate’s degree while finishing high school.
- Save money! Your tuition, mandatory fees and books are fully covered.
- Save HOPE credits! Courses taken under Move On When Ready don’t count against the maximum hourly caps for HOPE scholarships or grants.
- Flex your schedule! You can participate in Move On When Ready in any semester – and you can choose convenient times for on-campus or online classes.
- Transfer your credits! Many of your credits are guaranteed to transfer to other colleges and universities in Georgia if you decide to continue your studies for a bachelor’s degree.
Download Gwinnett Tech's Move On When Ready Roadmap.
Learn more about How to Apply For Move On When Ready!
Download and print MOWR Textbook Agreement.
- SAT: 480 Reading, 440 Math
- ACT: 17 Reading, 20 English, 19 Math
- ACCUPLACER: 64 Reading, 70 Sentence Skills, 57 Algebra (70 Math 1113 and 90 Math 1131)
- COMPASS: 79 Reading, 62 Writing, 37 Pre-Alg, 37 Algebra
- SAT: 430 Reading, 400 Math
- ACT: 15 Reading, 17 English, 17 Math
- ACCUPLACER: 55 Reading, 60 Sentence Skills, 34 Arithmetic
- COMPASS: 70 Reading, 38 Writing, 37 Pre-Alg
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the semester in which the student participates in MOWR.
- Be enrolled in the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade of a private or public high school in Georgia, or a home study program in Georgia operated in accordance with state law
- Be admitted to an eligible, participating University System of Georgia, Technical College System of Georgia or private postsecondary institution as a dual credit enrollment student
- Be enrolled in courses listed in the approved Move On When Ready Course Directory
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the eligible postsecondary institution (college or university). To find out more on SAP requirements at Gwinnett Technical College, click here.
The new Move On When Ready program covers all postsecondary tuition, mandatory fees and books, for up to 15 credit hours (full time). In some cases, students may need to pay additional supply fees or to purchase supplies or equipment.
Be sure to adhere to the application deadlines for both Gwinnett Technical College and your high school. Please check the final deadline to submit your application and all required paperwork (transcripts, test scores, consent form and photo ID) for spring semester. You can check important dates on the semester calendars below.
MOWR Spring Semester Calendar 2017
MOWR Summer Semester Calendar 2017
You will also need to submit an application for Move On When Ready for each semester. For more information, contact Gwinnett Tech Move On When Ready office at 678-226-6889 or DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu.
Want to talk?
See the guidance counselor at your high school, or contact Gwinnett Tech Move On When Ready office at 678-226-6889 for Lawrenceville Campus and 470-282-5409 for Alpharetta-North Fulton Campus or DualEnrollment@GwinnettTech.edu.