- Apply Online (fastest option) OR
- Visit the Recruitment Center OR
(Bldg. 100 at the Lawrenceville campus or A-building at the Alpharetta-North Fulton campus)
- Download a paper application
If submitting a paper application:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your $25 check or money order payment can be mailed or submitted in person
- Mail: GTC Admissions, 5150 Sugarloaf Pkwy Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Please include your $25 check or money order payment
- In-person: The Recruitment Center
Your $25 cash, check or money order payment will be collected at the time of application
- Email: email@example.com
First-time applicants with a high school diploma or GED but no previous college credits needs to submit the following documents:
- Official high school or GED transcript and
- Complete the Accuplacer placement exam and/or submit official SAT or ACT scores.
(Refer below to see if your SAT/ACT scores are high enough to exempt Accuplacer testing).
Applicants with College Credits of 30 Semester Hours or More (with a C or better in each course), please submit:
- an official transcript from all colleges attended AND
- Complete the ACCUPLACER placement exam and/or submit official SAT or ACT scores.
(Refer to chart below to see if your SAT/ACT scores exempt ACCUPLACER testing)
You may also exempt ACCUPLACER testing with prior college credits (contact Admissions for details: admissions@GwinnettTech.edu)
Minimum requirements for certificate/diploma programs:
|SAT (Old)||Degree||Diploma OR
|SAT (New)||Degree||Diploma OR
If you do not meet the required SAT or ACT scores, or if test results are more than 5 years old, we require that a new ACCUPLACER exam be taken for placement.
Some degree, diploma and certificate programs have additional admission requirements*. After we receive your application, you will be notified if there are additional documents needed for your area of study.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 678-226-6616 or online.
Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
Effective January 1, 2012, all students applying for in-state tuition must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. The following documents will serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States and documentation will be required before you are eligible for consideration of in-state tuition:
- A current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current Driver's License or ID issued by a state that verifies immigration status and only issues to persons lawfully present in the United States.
- Alabama: Issued after August 1, 2000
- Florida: Issued after January 1, 2010 AND have a gold star in the upper right hand corner.
- South Carolina: Issued after November 1, 2008
- Tennessee: Issued after May 29, 2004.
- A certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable.
- An approved completed FAFSA for the current financial aid year.
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form 1-151 or 1-551).
- A current, valid military identification card for active duty soldiers or veterans.
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
- A current U.S. Passport.
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).
Any student who cannot be verified as lawfully present in the United States is not eligible to be considered for in-state tuition, regardless of how long he or she has lived in Georgia. In addition to being lawfully present in the United States, students must meet the in-state tuition requirements as outlined in TCSG Board Policy and Procedure V.B.3 to warrant an in-state classification. Students that are initially classified as out-of-state and successfully petition to have their residency changed to in-state also have to meet the verification requirement.
Mailing Documents send to:
Gwinnett Technical College
5150 Sugarloaf Parkway
Lawrenceville, GA 30043