Welcome to the Institute of Cyber Defense Education (ICDE) at Gwinnett Technical College where our faculty is dedicated to excellence in cybersecurity education for our students. Our ICDE program will give you the necessary skills to work in the competitive market of cyber security and defense. Currently our ICDE accreditation is underway. Here, at our virtual-cyber-center, you can view the progress towards completion of our goal: Center of Academic Excellence – 2Year (CAE-2Y).
What is our vision at ICDE?
- Promote courses committed to excellence in educating the next-generation of cybersecurity experts
- Provide innovative and adaptive learning techniques to equip Gwinnett Tech graduates with the knowledge and tools necessary to fight the battle of cyber defense
- Creation of a cyber war-room where students can practice offensive and defensive cybersecurity scenarios
- Build an effective conduit of cybersecurity information for our campuses and our surrounding communities
- Continue to improve and innovate cyber defense curriculum, programs, and events to promote a safer digital world
What is our goal at ICDE?
With the predicted shortage of 1 million cybersecurity professionals by 2025, the goal of the ICDE is to graduate students who have acquired expertise relevant to protecting the cyber assets of both governmental and corporate enterprise.