August 2019 update
All instructors will no longer be able to purchase printed, hard cards for students. Going forward only e-cards will be available for purchase. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. Required, new rosters are available for download here: New Rosters. Old versions of the roster will not be accepted. When filling out the rosters, all students’ e-mail addresses must be listed on the roster. An AHA e-card code and link will be sent directly to the students. They will click the link and follow the prompts to retrieve their e-card. Important: if students’ e-mail addresses are not on the rosters, you will delay the receipt of their e-cards.
AHA policy remains the same for e-cards: we continue to have 20 business days from receipt of rosters (excluding weekends and holidays) to process them and send out the students’ e-cards. Cards will only be issued once payment is received in full. If a roster is sent without e-mail addresses, it is not considered a completed roster and it will not be processed within those 20 business days. It is your responsibility to complete the rosters properly.
PLEASE NOTE: you must choose the correct course on your roster cover sheet as well as on the second page. E-cards cannot be retrieved whether claimed or unclaimed. If you do not choose the correct course, you will be charged for both the incorrect cards that are assigned to you based on your roster’s mistakes, as well as for the new set of cards that are assigned to your students.
The new process for making payments online is as follows:
- Submit your completed roster electronically by e-mailing it to email@example.com.
- You will receive an e-mail stating that your order is ready for payment.
- That e-mail will include a link to our website. Click that link.
- Then sign in with your username and password. Again, your username is your e-mail address.
- Then click: “History.”
- Then click: “Payment Status”
- You will see a list of your current and previous orders.
- Check the boxes next to your current orders (they are in red).
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Pay Now.”
- Follow the prompts to make your payment.
- A receipt will be sent to your e-mail.
If there is a problem with your order (for example, the wrong type of card) please e-mail both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. When your order is fixed, you will then receive another e-mail that it is ready for payment.
REVISIONS TO UNCLAIMED E-CARDS
Beginning today, all instructors will be making revisions to your students’ unclaimed e-cards. The CTC will not be revising unclaimed e-cards. If a student’s name is misspelled or has changed, or their e-mail address is misspelled or has changed on their unclaimed e-card, you will be able to make these changes yourself.
To make revisions and to resend e-cards please logon to the instructor network. If you cannot logon, please contact the American Heart Association and give them your instructor ID number on the back of your card.
Once you are logged-on, please follow these steps:
- Hover your mouse over “DASHBOARD.” There will be a drop down list. Choose: “eCards.”
- This will take you to the eCard page.
- Once there, hover over “MANAGE ECARDS.” There will be a drop down list. Choose: “Search eCards.”
- This will take you to the Search eCards page.
- You can search for your students by name, by e-mail or by date.
- To edit an unclaimed eCard click the pencil under the edit column. To resend an unclaimed eCard, click the “EMAIL” button under the resend column.
REVISIONS TO CLAIMED E-CARDS
If an e-card has already been claimed by a student and needs revisions, you will be unable to make the revisions. In the case of claimed e-cards: the CTC needs to make the revisions for you.
In keeping with the policy of other Georgia Technical Colleges’ CTCs, if the error to a student’s name or e-mail address is misspelled by you or your student, you will incur a $10 charge per participant revision that will be due before the changes will be made. PLEASE CHECK ALL NAMES AND E-MAIL ADDRESSES CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING. A best practice that AHA recommends is to have each student key his or her own name and e-mail address onto the roster sheet if you have a laptop or iPad that you can use for that purpose. Also, please tell your students in class, that they should not claim their e-cards if they see that their name is misspelled.
If the error to a student’s name or e-mail address is ours, you will not be charged a fee for the revisions.