GWINNETT – NORTH FULTON – The Gwinnett Tech Foundation is pleased to announce the appointment of Judith Martinez-Sadri, Marketing Director, Hasner Law, Dr. Charan Shikh, President and CEO, Indo American Chamber of Commerce, and Tracey Smithson, Chief Nursing Officer, Eastside Medical Center to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
Martinez-Sadri, Shikh, and Smithson will join the Board of Trustees in their work to advance support for Gwinnett Technical College’s program and facilities, student scholarships, and faculty and staff development.
“We are grateful and excited to have this new, diverse group of individuals join the board and bring their unique talents and perspectives to the work of the Foundation,” said Ebony Starks, Executive Director. “Their community involvement, professional expertise, and leadership experience will help us further our mission to support and enhance higher education at Gwinnett Tech.”
Judith Martinez-Sadri is a bilingual and bicultural media and marketing professional, strategist, and entrepreneur. Her executive experience expands over two decades; leading teams focused on multimedia content creation, marketing, public relations, and community engagement projects for companies interested in reaching the Hispanic market in the US. In 2020. Martinez-Sadri took on a new role as the marketing director for Hasner Law, a firm specializing in workers’ compensation and personal injury law.
Dr. Charan Shikh was born and raised in India, where he attended medical school at the age of 17. Upon his graduation, he moved to the US and did his residency in internal medicine at the Medical College of Georgia. He has been practicing internal medicine in the Atlanta area for over 25 years. Dr. Shikh is a member of AMA, MAG, ACP, American Bariatric Society, American Laser Society, and American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. He is the founder and president of The Primary Care Center, Jawani Medical Spa, the Indo-American Medical Association, and the Indo-American Medical Society. He is also a 2017 graduate of the Leadership Sandy Springs program.
Tracey Smithson is responsible for overseeing numerous nursing departments as Chief Nursing Officer, including women’s services, the surgical unit, intensive care unit, palliative care unit, physician order entry, nursing education, the nurse residency program, and the nursing clinical excellence program. Smithson received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing from Indiana Wesleyan University. Smithson has been recognized for her many accomplishments, including receiving the DFW Great 100 Nurses Award and North Hills Nurse Leader of the Year Award. Tracey is a member of many professional associations, including an active role as a member of the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE).
Martinez-Sadri, Shikh, and Smithson join a distinguished list of industry leaders that serve as members of the Gwinnett Tech Foundation Board of Trustees, including:
- Amy Bessemer, Primerica
- Kali Boatright, Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
Marshall Boutwell, Peach State Federal Credit Union
- Mikhail Britt (Treasurer,) Shumate Mechanical
- Dr. D. Glen Cannon (Ex Officio), President, Gwinnett Technical College
- Cliff Clark, Discovery Point
Jon-Paul Croom, WellStar North Fulton Hospital
- Kent Davies (President and Chair), Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Steve Flynt, D. Ed, Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Herb Hoffman, (Vice-Chair), Infiniti and Subaru of Gwinnett
- Dan King, (Director Emeritus), Retired, King & Spalding
- Jonna Kirkwood, Kaiser Permanente
- Sean Murphy, (Emeritus), Procurri
- Mac Peden, (Emeritus) Retired, ADP, Inc.
- Elizabeth Quick, WestRock
- Ebony Starks, (Ex Officio), Executive Director, Gwinnett Tech Foundation
- Mark Sweeney, Retired, McKesson Provider Technologies
- J. Alvin Wilbanks (Director Emeritus), Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Latabia Woodward, Southern Company
To learn more about the Gwinnett Tech Foundation, visit www.GwinnettTech.edu/Foundation/or call 678-226-6263.