We're here to help you land your dream job. The Career Services Center has all the resources and the staff members to get your job search started.
An excellent resource is the Georgia Career Information System (GCIS). The GCIS is a user-friendly computerized guide to more than 400 occupations. It will provide you with career and salary information, as well as information on educational institutions in Georgia.
There are a variety of ways to learn about job openings and potential careers. Visit the Career Services Center in Room 811, Building 100, contact us at 678.226.6252 or e-mail us
You'll want to check out these resources, too:
- Access job announcements posted on the Career Service Center bulletin board outside our office and on the eRecruiting web site
Career Service Center Library
- Use the multiple resources available from books and other resource materials. Research companies; locate contact names and addresses and check job web sites.
Resume Referral Service
- Check the Career Service Center bulletin board or home page for employers that have requested resumes from Gwinnett Technical College students. Note the qualifications sought.
- If you meet the qualifications, submit your resume by e-mail or fax to the prospective employer. Remember to check the due date and time.
- Regularly check the Career Service Center bulletin board and home page for an updated listing of on-campus interviews for jobs currently available.
- If you meet the employer's qualifications and want to interview, attend the on-site recruitment.
Career Fairs & Job Fairs
- Attend college-sponsored Career Fairs, open to all students and alumni, for information, professional employment or services.
- Make face-to-face contact with potential employers.