April 04, 2013
Gwinnett Tech Horticulture Program Hosts Annual Spring Plant Sale April 16-18
Annuals, perennials, shrubs, herbs and house plants among offerings
Gwinnett Technical College's Horticulture program is hosting its annual spring plant sale from April 16 – 18, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Gwinnett Technical College Greenhouse.
The Horticulture program holds a community plant sale annually to sell the plants the students have grown to the community. Offered at the sale will be:
- Annuals: Petunias, angel wing and wax begonias, coleus, geraniums, black pearl ornamental pepper, sweet potato vine, calibrachoa and more.
- Perennials: Iris, hibiscus 'lady baltimore,' hummingbird mint, kniphofia uvaria 'Flamenco,' balloon flower, echinacea, strawberries, wood aster and more.
- Shrubs: Viburnum, 'pink stardust' magnolia, cleyera, spiraea, cryptomeria and more.
- Herbs: 'After 8' chocolate mint, oregano, thyme, marjoram, basil and more.
- Tropicals/Tender Perennials: Shell ginger, banana tree and lantana.
- House Plants: Begonias, spider plants, philodendron and more.
The GTC greenhouse is located adjacent to Building 600 on the Gwinnett Tech campus, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway in Lawrenceville. Cash and check are accepted and preferred at the sale. However, credit/debit cards will be accepted in the business office in Building 100.
Save the date for the college's upcoming Edible Sale on May 7 – 9, when a variety of vegetables, fruit and herbs will be sold.
Gwinnett Tech offers a degree and diploma program in Environmental Horticulture, plus certificate options that train students for employment as a landscape design technician, horticulture installation technician and floral designer.
In all, GTC offers more than 50 degree, diploma and certificate options that can be completed in two years or less. For more information, visit www.GwinnettTech.edu or call 770-962-7580.
April 4, 2013