January 05, 2014
Gwinnett Tech Educators Out in Force for Principal for a Day Program
As Director of Student Recruitment at Gwinnett Technical College, Robin Remich works with closely with high school students, so she was eager to pull duty as Principal for a Day at Northview High School in John's Creek.
Remich was one of seven Gwinnett Tech staff members who participated in the Fulton County's Principal for a Day Program held during American Education Week late last year. Participating were:
- Robin Remich, Director of Student Recruitment, serving at Northview HS
- Jenny Morse, Student Recruiter, serving at Chattahoochee HS
- Shyreeta Peacox, Dual Enrollment Advisor, serving at Cambridge HS
- Joe Hutto, Director of Institutional Advancement, Birmingham Fall ES
- Jeremy Bennett, Dean of Business, serving at Lake Winward ES
- Chuck Sargent, North Fulton Project Manager, serving at Mimosa ES
- Cher Brister, Continuing Education Manager, serving at Creekview ES
The program was coordinated by the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce and other area business organizations. The goal of the program was to build relationships between schools and professional community members as well as share the experience behind being an educator.
"Fulton County's Principal for a Day brought about a meaningful partnership that will continue to benefit the community going forward," said Remich. While at Northview High, Remich shadowed Principal Buck Greene and attended meetings with the PTA, the Local School Advisory Council, school administrators and students.
Gwinnett Tech currently offers adult education and continuing education classes in North Fulton County and will break ground for a college campus in Alpharetta later this year.
GTC offers more than 50 degree, diploma and certificate student options that can be completed in two years or less. For more information, visit www.GwinnettTech.edu or call 770-962-7580.
Get the latest news about Gwinnett Tech: http://www.gwinnetttech.edu/news