November 09, 2011
Gwinnett Tech Chooses New Student Ambassadors
Iota Class of Ambassadors Will Serve for the Coming Academic Year
Gwinnett Technical College has chosen 27 students as the Iota Class of Student Ambassadors, serving GTC until the fall of 2012.
Gwinnett Tech Student Ambassadors serve as the face of the college by assisting with school-wide and recruitment activities. The ambassadors serve as hosts for GTC visitors, represent the college at campus functions and participate in a wide range of community outreach projects.
"We have a long tradition of outstanding Student Ambassadors and this class is no exception. This group has great diversity in thought and perspective – coming from more than 15 different programs," says Rachel Mariano, student life director. "We look forward to their service to Gwinnett Tech, our students and our community."
Ambassadors are chosen through faculty nominations and series of interviews, and must maintain GPA and service hour requirements.
GTC's newest Student Ambassadors include:
- Dorothy Aaron, Accounting, Duluth
- Yemsrach Addisu, Pre-Cardiovascular Technology, Tucker
- Jennifer Bosak, Pre-Respiratory, Duluth
- Aisha Ceravolo, Accounting, Loganville
- Rejys Cowan, Radiologic Technology, Stone Mountain
- Nalda Edmond, Early Childhood Education, Tucker
- Christie Gaddy, Pre-Nursing, Lilburn
- Corey Gibson, Commercial Construction Management, Snellville
- Curtis Hayden, Culinary Arts, Buford
- Robin Haynes, Business Management, Suwanee
- Kimberly Horn, Business Administration, Lawrenceville
- Brianna Howard, Nursing, Lawrenceville
- Regina Ice, CIS-Network Specialist, Snellville
- Tammany Kelly, Medical Assisting, Monroe
- Robin Knight, Business Management, Buford
- Sarah K. Lyle, Business Management, Grayson
- Bill Mabrey, Air Conditioning Technology, Lawrenceville
- Amber Pekelder, Nursing, Duluth
- Maria Roberts, Pre-Nursing, Loganville
- Sharon Shelton, Interior Design, Suwanee
- Tracia Smith, Marketing Management, Lawrenceville
- Jacqueline Solomon, Nursing, Snellville
- Silvia Torres, Accounting Technology, Lawrenceville
- Tracy Van Leer, Pre-Nursing, Lawrenceville
- Ashley Voyles, Radiologic Technology, Tucker
- Marsha Hansen, Radiologic Technology, Auburn
- Lian Zue, Pre-Nursing, Buford
GTC offers more than 50 degree, diploma and certificate student options that can be completed in two years or less. For more information, visit www.GwinnettTech.edu or call 770-962-7580.
Get the latest news about Gwinnett Tech: http://www.gwinnetttech.edu/news