Welcome to the Gwinnett Tech online newsroom, featuring facts and stats about the college, plus our history, a media archive and photos for download. If you are a member of the media needing information, contact email@example.com or call 678-495-3638.
October 23, 2012
Gwinnett Tech Chooses New Student Ambassadors
Kappa Class of Ambassadors Will Serve for the Coming Academic Year
Gwinnett Technical College (GTC) has chosen 26 students as the Kappa Class of Student Ambassadors, serving GTC until the fall of 2013.
Gwinnett Tech Student Ambassadors serve as the face of the college by assisting with school-wide and recruitment activities. The ambassadors serve as hosts for GTC visitors, represent the college at campus functions and participate in a wide range of community outreach projects.
"Our new Student Ambassadors bring great diversity to their role – in perspective, life experience, age and outlook – and represent 17 different programs of study. We look forward to their service to Gwinnett Tech, our students and our community," says Rachel Mariano, student life director.
Ambassadors are chosen through faculty nominations and series of interviews, and must maintain GPA and service hour requirements.
GTC's newest Student Ambassadors and their programs of study include:
- Alexsandra Martinez, Accounting, from Lawrenceville
- Anntanique Glaze, Criminal Justice, from Snellville
- Ashley Lane Greenway, Healthcare Science, from Winder
- Cherie Boyd, Photography, from Atlanta
- Chris Dilday, Commercial Construction Management, from Atlanta
- Cindy Gaskins, Residential Construction Management, from Buford
- Cori Lewis, Interiors, from Lawrenceville
- Curtis Tilton, Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management, from Duluth
- Elizabeth Mohammed, Healthcare Assisting (Nursing), from Grayson
- Eniola Alli, Healthcare Assisting (Nursing), from Suwanee
- Harmonee Booker, Healthcare Science, from Duluth
- Jeffrey Scott Bailey, Surgical Technology, from Duluth
- Karime Parra, Healthcare Assisting (Nursing), from Lawrenceville
- Kevin Estrella, Networking Specialist, from Norcross
- Marsia Malone, Accounting, from Lawrenceville
- Melissa Blankenship, Healthcare Assisting (Nursing), from Duluth
- Nohemy Duran, Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management, from Duluth
- Rita Karikari-Prempeh, Healthcare Assisting (Nursing), from Lawrenceville
- Rod E. Freeman, Commercial Construction Management, from Loganville
- Ruby Angel, Early Childhood Education, from Hoschton
- Shaidi Grell, Computer Programming, from Dacula
- Steven D. Jurczak, Surgical Technology, from Bethlehem
- Teimarrah Williams, Healthcare Assisting (Radiologic Technology), from Snellville
- Tierra Powell, Dental Assisting, from Decatur
- Trevell Pitman, Technical Specialist, from Loganville
- Yashemabeth Chin, Commercial Construction Management, from Duluth
GTC offers more than 50 degree, diploma and certificate student options that can be completed in two years or less. For more information, visit www.GwinnettTech.edu or call 770-962-7580.
Get the latest news about Gwinnett Tech: http://www.gwinnetttech.edu/news
# # #
About Gwinnett Tech
Gwinnett Technical College, one of Georgia's largest technical colleges, is committed to delivering relevant knowledge to meet the workforce training needs of its community. The college offers more than 50 associate degree, diploma and certificate programs and hundreds of seminars, workshops and courses providing specialized training. GTC is Gwinnett County's largest provider of corporate training and now serves residents and businesses in north Fulton County. Gwinnett Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Gwinnett Technical College. In addition, some college programs hold separate licensure or accreditation status with appropriate agencies. For more information, visit www.GwinnettTech.edu.
A unit of the Technical College System of Georgia.