Helpful Information

Helpful Information

The AHA has modified (increased) the student-to-teacher ratios from 6:1 to 8:1. This ratio can be increased if the class length and/or student-to-manikin ratios are increased to ensure that the curriculum objectives are met.

The process for receiving AHA course completion cards is:

• Teach the class

• Send the fully completed roster with printed names (if you can't read the names I can't either) to Gwinnett Technical College attention Cassandra Schnautz

• Include a check for the course completion cards

• I'll send the completed cards to one address. Please make sure it is clearly written on the roster where you want the cards to be sent to.

The following disclaimer must be printed on all promotional brochures, announcements, agendas, or other materials distributed to students in courses for which fees are charged. This information is straight form the AHA's Emergency Cardiovascular Care and Training Center Manuals.

The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.

The web site to the AHA is: www.americanheart.org

There is a Policies and Procedures Manual for the Gwinnett Technical College Community Training Center. It is your responsibility to come by the CTC and look over the manual. The CTC is open Monday through Thursdays 8:00am to 5:00pm and Fridays 8:00am to 4:00pm. Please stop by and say hello! The CTC is located in Building 700 in Continuing Education.

If you would like to sign up for an ACLS or PALS Instructor class, please contact me at 678-226-6254. I'm making a list so that the class will make and we don't have to continually cancel these classes in the Opportunities.

As a reminder all instructors in all disciplines are required to be monitored. These monitor forms need to be sent to me for your records.

For the BLS courses to be effective, the books "must be provided to the participant well in advance of the course and the participant should know that he/she is expected to review the manual before the course and have the manual available during and after the course." This is statement is taken from the AHA BLS Instructor Manual Part 1: Chapter 2 page 1-16

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. Please feel free to call me any time. Have a safe day!

Cassandra Schnautz

678-226-6254