The Hudgens Center has immediate openings for infants and toddlers. We would love to learn and grow with you! Call 678-226-6510 today!
The Hudgens Center uses the Creative Curriculum© which is a play-based approach to learning. Program features for preschool children include:
- Classrooms are limited to 18 children with two teachers.
- Each classroom has two computers for the children to use.
- Each class has a bathroom within the room.
- Children take walking field trips to various departments on the Gwinnett Tech campus. For example, if the children are studying transportation, they may visit the automotive shop and see how cars work.
- Large piazza for preschool children to interact with children from other classrooms. The piazza also allows teachers to conduct large-motor activities inside when the weather does not permit outdoor activities. This is also a place where special guests, like the librarian, will gather groups of children to share stories.
- Outdoor space for 3- and 4-year-olds, offering many opportunities for riding tricycles, climbing, sliding, balancing, outdoor art, gardening, and other seasonal activities.
- All preschool classrooms have Messy Rooms. Messy Rooms connect two classrooms and provide an environment for children to explore various art and sensory experiences. These rooms are designed for safe and easy clean-up which allows both teachers and children to focus on the learning that happens when children engage in hands-on activities.