Georgia Pre-K Program
Registration is OPEN for the 2018-2019 GA Pre-K Lottery
Please bring the following to the Hudgens Center by Friday, February 23 to register your child for the GA Pre-K Lottery. (must be 4 years by September 1, 2018)
- Proof of Age: Original/certified birth certificate, passport, green card, pink card, or Federal I-94 card and hospital record of live birth. Immunization forms and Medicaid cards are not acceptable documentation for proof of age.
- Proof of Residency: Current lease, current vehicle registration form, letter from shelter, letter from employer if employer provides housing, mortgage documents, property tax notice, homeowner's insurance bill, or current Peachcare eligibility documents and any utility bill listing the residence as the service address. A cell phone bill or a driver’s license are not acceptable proof of residency.
- Social Security Card: Social Security cards are not required to enroll in GA Pre K. Families who do not wish to provide SSN should complete the waiver form here at the center.
- Lottery Registration: All applications received by Friday, February 23, 2018 will be placed in the drawing. The lottery drawing will be on Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 11 a.m
All documents can be copied here at the center.
Features of the Georgia Pre-K program at the Hudgens Center include:
- Twenty two (22) children who are 4-years-old on or before September 1.
- Two teachers per classroom.
- Use of the Creative Curriculum© and the Georgia Pre-K content standards.
- Outdoor space for 3- and 4-year-olds, offering many opportunities for riding tricycles, climbing, sliding, balancing, outdoor art, gardening, and other seasonal activities.
- Each class has a bathroom within the room
- Children take walking field trips to various departments on the Gwinnett Tech campus. For example, if the children are studying dental health, they may visit the dental assistant program where they will actually get to sit in a real dentist chair and explore dentristry tools.
- Large piazza for Pre-K children to interact with children from other classrooms. The piazza also allows teachers to conduct large-motor activities inside when the weather does not permit outdoor activities. This is also a place where special guests, like the librarian, will gather groups of children to share stories.
- All Pre-K classrooms have Messy Rooms. Messy Rooms connect two classrooms and provide an environment for children to explore various art and sensory experiences. These rooms are designed for safe and easy clean-up which allows both teachers and children to focus on the learning that happens when children engage in hands-on activities.
Gwinnett Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era’ or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For more information on compliance activities, contact Lisa Richardson, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Building 100, Room 323B, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, 678-226-6691.