As part of the Complete College Georgia initiative, Gwinnett Technical College aspires to exponentially increase the number of people earning certificates and awards. With the goal of improving overall college graduation and retention rates, Gwinnett Tech is focusing on the following intervention that will affect degree production, graduation rate, and success in remedial courses (Gwinnett Tech Annual Report):
- New Student Orientation;
- Moving to proactive advisement model;
- Adding sample schedules to student handbook;
- Redesigning college website;
- A new First Year Experience course for all new students; and
- Math learning support redesign, and dual enrollment for English learning support and college level courses.
Contact the Division of Academic Affairs (678-226-6301) for more details.